1. The General meeting of the society shall be of two kinds, viz. Annual and Extraordinary.
2. One-fourth of the total number of regular members or fifteen members whichever is less, shall constitute a quorum for the general meeting. In the case of want of quorum the meeting shall be adjourned and the business shall be transacted at an adjourned meeting (for which no quorum is prescribed) or by correspondence as may be decided upon by the members present,
3. An agenda shall be prepared and circulated well in advance of each general meeting.
4. The Annual General Meeting shall be held preferably towards the end of the calendar year for (1) Electing the officers and other members of the council, if necessary. (2) To pass the Budget for the ensuaring year and approve the expenditure statement of previous year, (3) To approve the report of activites of the society. (4) To appoint an editor. (5) Transacting any other business budget forward by the members and the council. In case it is not possible to hold the annual general meeting the above business shall be completed by correspondence before the end of november each year.
5. An extraordinary general meeting may be convened at the request of six Coucil members or by requisition signed by not less than 20 regular members for some special business of the society, which should be notified in advance. No other business should be included in the agenda of the Extraordinary meeting .
6. The Scientific Meetings of the Society shall ordinarily be at least once in two years, and more frequently if necessary. They will be devoted to (1) Presentation of orignal rsercah papers, (2) Review talks and (3) Other scientific matters.
7. The Executive Council shall meet at least once in a year. Eight members of the council shall form a quorum for a meeting of the council . In the case of want of quorum , the meeting shall be adjourned and will be transacted at an adjourned meeting (for which no quorum is prescribed) or by correspondance as may be decided by the members present.
8. Usual parliamentry procedures shall be followed at all meetings concerned with the society.
© PSSI 2008
Home Home Page | Acheivements | About PSSI | Executive Committee | Past Committes | Members | Categories | How to become a member ? | Member details | Member Data Update | Awards | Buti Young Scientist Award | Sholapurwala Awards | PSSI Poster Awards | PSSI Oral Awards | Parvez Guzdar AWard | Scholarship | Contact | Conferences & Meetings | Recent Meetings | Newsletter | Accounts | Audited Accounts | General Body Meeting | Past GBMs | Obituaries | PLASMA Conf. PLASMA Conference | About Plasma-2016 | PSC-2014 | Past Plasma Conferences | Abstract Books | PSC Series PSC Series | Past PSC |